Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Vocal recording session vol4

I forgot to write about this 4th session yesterday evening so I'll do it now: Yesterday's evening session was quite similar to 3th voc. recording session meaning that it was about one hour session, one long song, base vocals got recorded. That's it for the sewer vocal parts anyway.

While I've been recording these base layer vocals, I've noticed that some things might get bit tricky; there are bunch of songs where the grind parts are very noisy / chaotic - as supposed, yeah - add the extra element / factor (from where this whole album started) and it's at times even more noisy or should I say ... "full" of sounds. So compromises will probably have to be made. I was thinking about this already when I recorded the first song - in a way that the current guitarsound is kind of darker, softer if you could say so. It's not "wall of sound" type of guitarsound that comes straight to face. Choices have to be made, though while guitar is not "in the top of it all" so to speak, bassguitar sound is the other way - distorted and crumbling. Contrasting the guitars and balancing the certain kind of softness, yet leaving room for drums, the extra element and of course vocals, too. I don't think that the vocals would be loudest in the mix, either. Drumworks will be rather strong in the mix, which has always been my way / style of doing it - and it's also my vision of grind from day one; the beats. But if there's anything you can conclude from these thoughts, it's that I will have challenging times from mixing point of view. It will be interesting to see how it all sounds in the end.

Next I'll be recording the other vocal layers, screamy & shouty parts, etc. And then there's the space soundscapes, too, yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment