Tuesday, February 21, 2017

1st full listening session and thoughts

Even that the material is not in its' final form (space soundscapes + mixing & mastering) I went and listened the full package from start to finish tonight. First time with the vocals I've recorded so far. To get the impression how it all sounds now, at this stage, with fresh ears. I'm glad to say I really enjoyed the listening session. It's really punishing package, but it's not just noise (is grind eva?) - there are some songs with some real hooks in my opinion. For grind freaks, anyway.

Hard to say yet if I need to record some more vocals or fix something, gotta let it be for some days and start thinking & doing some space sound experiments this week.

Oh and also; now that the trailer revealed what the extra factor is (chiptunes combined with grindcore) you can get the idea what I mean in past weeks / months by saying that I've been composing the songs "bit different way" than usually. Kind of. In some cases I've written the grind stuff first, then composed & created the chiptune around the grind ... but in most cases it's been the opposite way; I've composed chiptune first, then composed grind around the chiptune. I really like the way it came out, ... and as you can hear from the trailer, the material is certainly not "overproduced" but funnily it has more resemblance with the early SF soundscapes than past few releases. Vocal style is radically different from how Timo used to sing - but that shouldn't be any surprise. And you can also get the idea from trailer clip, that it will be quite challenging to mix that noisy stuff. But as always, I'm open to challenges. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment