Sunday, February 19, 2017

Bunch of work done

Busy weekend (friday eve included) so I only had time to continue with the vocalworks today. But don't let that fool you out, because I got lots of work done today. Really satisfied with the results, too.

During the morning hours I went through the first 6-7 songs of vocal recordings and recorded the extra vocal bits for them all - which means I will not be going through all the songs for third time (first time; sewer, second time; screamy + extra vocal bits). No longer need to record the extra vocal bits as I started recording them during the same sessions while I was recording the screamy / yelly vocal lines from 8th song forwards. The extra vocal bits is not totally different style as it's mainly a style for making the sewer vocals sound more strong where needed.

Then during this evening I recorded screamy bits and the "extra backup bits" for five songs. They came out very good, that's how my initial feeling was about the session. Currently only three songs have screamy vocal parts missing. Songs 18, 19 and 22. Out of those that number 22 is of course the long outro style song. While the other songs are clearly shorter and less demanding, it will be interesting to see whether 22 needs an eve of its' own for screamy bits.

With this rate I'll get the rest vocals recorded in coming evenings and then I'll start looking into the space / ambient sound elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment