Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Return to noise

Went back to do some sound tweaking tonight, after taking about 3-4 days break from listening to any of the new material. What I did, was mainly some graphic equalizer finetuning for the guitars, and for the bassguitars. Also adjusted some drumsound details, too. I used one song for the initial sound tweaking and after I got the kind of overall soundscape I wanted, I went through all the songs and adjusted them accordingly. Then I listened to the songs and started smiling. Massive improvement on many levels with just one night's work.

Oh, and our cats are certainly a good test subject for how the material feels (by saying that, they don't have to listen to extremely high volumes either - yes, some common sense) ... it's hilarious how they get really crazy play / run-as-fast-as-you-can mood whenever I'm working with the new SF material. It's like they are having their very own cat pit going on, running literally on walls. Effective! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment