Tuesday, January 10, 2017

... and then there were one

Didn't remember to write about this yesterday evening so I'll do it now: Another new song got composed & recorded yesterday evening so yes, the flow still continues. Though I'm sensing that the flow is reaching the end in coming days, I can feel it.

Checking the calendar made me realize that it might well be that during the next weekend I'll compose the last new songs for this package - as next weekend it's 4 weeks since I started crafting this new material. Four weeks feels fitting. And funnily it's also about the very same amount of time how it's been during past few SF albums - even timing goes along the same lines; starting around the end of the year, finishing during the first month of the next year. Well, composing & recording (music) stage, that is. Of course there are lots of other things to do after this stage; writing lyrics, recording vocals, planning and creating the space soundscapes for the album ... creating artwork. Album title isn't 100 % decided, but let's say it's 90 % there already. Mainly minor tweaking.

Currently the amount of new songs is 18. I haven't checked the exact length, and it's also noteworthy that the song lengths may well change with space soundscapes mixed in ... but I think it's around 23 minutes now. That also is a sign that the end of composing stage is getting closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment