Thursday, January 26, 2017

Crafting cover artwork

Started working with the front cover art tonight. I went browsing my picture archive (pics taken by me) and didn't browse for a long time as I stumbled across an icy shot I took about two years ago. I remember when I took that picture, thinking right as I took it, that there's something special in this. I didn't think about cover artwork or anything, it was just a quick instant intuition that this will become something more than just a pic. And look what happened ... as I now came to that pic, I stuck looking at it and had an idea for compiling several pictures of mine. And that's where things started happening: I worked with layering the pictures, and painting over them for some 2-3 hours ...

... and now I have let's say 95% ready "base" front cover art. Gotta look into some details still, if I could add some more visual messages. Even that it already has several hidden more or less, and of course connected with the lyrics and themes, too. It's at the same time following the same visual overall style than "Lost constellations" front cover, but it's also different. Bit like if you were looking towards the "Lost constellations" from another dimension, through a crack in time and space ... or something like that. I really like the way it looks.

To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment