Friday, February 24, 2012

Power vol2

It's hard to start this blog post, in a way. I was like "wow!" yesterday as I had such a great day when it came to recording final guitars for four tracks and digging the results. Well now ... perhaps it's partially thanks to third acupuncture session of my life which happened today, but the fact is that I recorded final guitars for seven tracks today! Seven. It feels unreal. Suddenly the situation is that I have only something like 5-6 songs to be worked at this point. 5 songs for sure, 6th one is bit uncertain.

Who cares about the quantity really, but I'm very satisfied, extremely happy with how the guitars came out. Not just technically but I added lots of little twists here and there, playing was smooth for my style I'd say ... and that one track I mentioned yesterday, thinking it will be changed dramatically - that's what happened. A song that was almost happy-sounding blaster now sounds like twisted, weird grind piece. And in case if you couldn't guess, it came out like that very naturally. The only part of that song that didn't get changed is first few seconds of it, as the opening riff still sounds quite close how it used to be.

Anyway, I couldn't be happier with how this package is going. I felt really good while recording the guitars and I think this package is also going to be true definition of "scifi grind" ... that's the vibe I'm getting personally at this point. "a Lossidian threnody" did start the space trip and I liked it a lot (and still do, of course) but this will be like jump to hyperspace. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment