Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Drums being prepared

I did keep two days break as I thought I would - and started doing the less exciting (and more work'like) process of "separating" the machinedrums late yesterday. I prepared 4 songs' drums yesterday and tonight I went through 6 more songs. About half there, and not nearly as tiresome process I actually thought beforehand.

What the separating means, is that I'm going through all my programmed drums, checking also just in case if any finetuning / work is needed for bassdrums, snares or tom rolls. The main thing is the separation; saving the different drum samples as separate wav files with whole song's length. Each song will get 4 separate files; bassdrums, snares, toms and cymbalworks. The important ones are bassdrums, snares and toms. Those will be in the final package certainly and for first ever time they will be mixed separately (instead of one "all drums" mess, a big difference methinks). But the cymbalworks are saved just as a guideline for Timo who will record them all with his real drums. The result should be exciting to hear, and hopefully great, too - half'programmed, half'live drums.

Anyway, with this rate it looks that I'm getting the drums' separation done by weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment