Thursday, September 5, 2024

The new album title is ...

Achromatic Horridness

... yeah, there you go, that's what this monstrous scifi grind attack will be called.

I've been more than hard at work doing the finishing touches for the album. Seems that towards the end I only have more and more energy for doing what needs to be done... and I can tell you; I've done a lot recently. Partially these final work sessions go smoothly because I've been preparing them here and there during earlier stages of creation process. Like for example the space ambience elements; I already had ideas for them during early Summer, and I wrote down the details what I thought then. Following my own notes the space elements ... have already been fully completed. Yeah! But I've also been using basicly all my free time doing this thing. Passion and inner fire burning hot.

Today I've listened the full album through something like 7-8 times ... simply to see how it flows, do the space elements work as intended, can I spot anything to fix, etc. Some small fixes were made after  the first two listening through sessions, but now past few listenings I've felt it is getting pretty damn near of being ready. Yeah!

I can already say how long the album is and the figures are 100% coincidental: 31 minutes 31 seconds. Funny, ehh?

If you think about numbers; 3+1+3+1 = 8 ... the number of infinity. Also 31+31 = 62 = 6+2 = 8, again. Number that presents infinity ... well it works nicely for pure scifi themed music, right?

There won't be really long space soundscapes (unlike with Mood:Doom at times, different style of music altogether), it's more about very short space sound elements. Only closing song has longer outro. Some track or two here and there have thematically longer outro, I guess, but "longer" ... is not really long in this case. The opening track has bit longer intro, as well, even that the song itself is 1-2 minutes long. :)

20 songs in 31min 31sec, I think it's pretty good length. It is what it is, all intuitional - nothing in this release is planned. If you take all the short (and few bit longer) space soundscapes away, the album is well under 30 minutes long, I think.

I'm thinking about making a music video for some selected cut, too ... and here I have a positive problem which isn't always like this: There are so many really nasty, gripping cuts to choose from! Really. But we'll see. And the icing on this scifi grind cake: I already have a veru possible release date in my mind, too - but wel'll get back to that later. It might be during September already.

No comments:

Post a Comment