Saturday, March 4, 2017

Already listening (but not for signals in space)

Against my earlier expectations I had time to do the full album bounce today and I've even listened the package twice through. Musically speaking I'm very satisfied with the package all in all. Production'wise it's ... well, it is rough sounding package, too. Dirty and primitive. But as it happens, it suits the material perfectly.

Now it's mainly about seeing how I finish the final mix / mastering process. Earlier I've been thinking about working the material so that I'd get the overall mix louder. But as I did some analysing tonight and experiments, I'm starting to feel more certain that ... I will not try to force a louder mix. It would be against my own overall picture about  the "loudness war" subject. I'll rather let the album stay more dynamic and organic, kind of, the way it is currently. I will be doing some mixing & mastering experiments, ... gotta see how it goes and how long it takes. Not necessarily long at all.

If previous SF album ("lost constellations") was the most pure sounding moment for SF, this new album will be about  the opposite. But in a good way. I can't say it'd be the most unpure sounding since that prize would have to go the debut release which was and is beyond unpureness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment