Sunday, November 6, 2011

Two happy lil' tunes

I've been enjoying a brutal flu throughout the weekend, but tonight I feel already better - so much that I went and created two new song bases. I had drums already made for first of these two, few days ago (before the flu stroke) but other than that all the creative work happened tonight. Shorter songs, since one is around 45 seconds long, and other just over 1 minute long.

Noticed that doing the composing this way as it happens now, for about the 1st ever time (with Scumfusion anyway) - there can be weeks, even months between actual composing and final recording sessions; there's the luxury of working the tunes further if needed. That's a good thing. Though so far I haven't felt like there would be need for big changes in these song sketches, but I do feel that some tunes might benefit from shaping the structures bit more. Letting them stew some, then looking & doing some re'shaping.

No comments:

Post a Comment