Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Twenty

I already composed the very last new tune a week ago - coincidentally it happened as it was my birthday, too. I knew while doing that song, that it will be the last, I already sensed the certain amount / flow will go this way, this time. The song that I did last, will not be the album closing track though. Actually I did think few weeks ago that the final song count could be bit different, few more songs - but as the process went on, it was suddenly crystal clear, that there will be exactly 20 tunes on this album.

I could had written about all that a week ago already, but there has been lots of things going on - some work stuff too, some short trip or two, but especially some gig stuff too. I went to see Godflesh like I mentioned earlier on (and it was helluva good, truly powerful stuff) and not just that, but there was this Brutalfest event too. Two day fest with 7 bands on each evening, shot some videoclips about each of the bands (just search "brutalfest antti kivilahti" in Youtube and you'll find 'em) and full sets by few of the bands (Galvanizer, Rotten Sound, Analepsy). Great little underground fest.

What I've been doing during past week or so with Scumfusion material then - is that I've had 20 rough mixes of the song bases, and I've listened em through in a row for multiple times, just to see how it all works as full album and especially how it flows from start to finish. Seems I already have the final order for the songs, the flow feels very good for me. Musically speaking there are hints of Scumfusion's past clearly here and there, happening "in an unintentional way" - and it's a twisted little way which works nicely for me personally. 

I already have some song titles in mind and next I will start writing some lyrics. Summer and holiday might put things on a break, but we'll see. I have no deadline nor timeline, this process goes on as it goes on - and it's good that way. Depending on how things progress, I might still write here before I enter them summer holidays (beginning on 1st July).



No comments:

Post a Comment