Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Few words from Timo

Hey all,

I thought I could add few words regarding the recording and release of our latest opus "Lost constellations".

The release date kept getting delayed from day one, and the entire recording process took us something like 10 months, I think. Most of the delays occurred because of work related issues, and life in general. Too many things going on, I guess. Anyway, in January, we initially thought the release date would be somewhere around June, so I think we managed to raise the tempo in the end - if only just a little.

It's funny how some of the most difficult trials during the whole process happened in the end, during mastering. Some of my trusted software refused to work properly, so I had to resort to a couple of plan B's. Luckily those worked out nicely, and I actually learned something from the ordeal (and when does one not do exactly that?). Therefore, I could say it was worth the fight.

Antti was quick as usual with delivering the cover art and all the paraphernalia, and I honestly think the whole package looks and sounds great. There are some truly great moments and riffs and other details in there that made all this worthwhile.

Anyway, I hope you like it as much as we do. Enjoy the "Lost constellations"!


Cheers,

Timo

No comments:

Post a Comment