Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Coverart under works

I started finally working on the front cover for this forthcoming SF release during past weekend. Finally, because it was in July 2011 when I took series of pictures already SF album coverart in my mind ... well about a week ago I was taking some pictures again, this time not SF in my mind at all. When going through that set of pictures on bigger screen I instantly felt that one picture is definitely a pair for the July 2011 picture(s). So, I went on with trying how the two pictures fit together, one picture from July 2011 and one picture from June 2012. It was right away clear that it's a perfect fit!

The album coverart won't be so black this time, intentionally. It could had been very black since especially July 2011 picture was quite dark one - and June 2012 picture had very dark elements as well. But the idea is to make it different kind of coverart this time. The two pictures are main elements but some starscapes have been thrown in and some drawn manually, too. The colors of the coverart will depict Finland (our homeworld ... I mean country ;) while the contents of the coverart can be seen very much scifi, and you can see all kinds of things / shapes if you look closer.

I think it will make a great and different colorart. Contrast and also a mirror to the music, at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment